Our Corporate Social Responsibility Plan
RAINFOREST ALLIANCE CERTIFIED COCOA
Bellaberry uses Rainforest Alliance Certified Cocoa.
- The frog on the back of our Bellaberry chocolate bars are a symbol of environmental health, and they are found on every continent except the Antarctica
- The seal indicates that a farm enterprise has been audited to meet standards that require environmental, social, and economic sustainability
- The Rainforest Alliance is strengthening the position of small cocoa farmers since 2006
- Rainforest Alliance is supporting farmers with the tools and incentives to farm sustainability, productively, and profitably
AUSTRALIAN LOCALLY SOURCED PRODUCTS
Bellaberry only uses locally sourced products within Australia.
- Bellaberry supports the local economy within Australia
- We have fewer transportation emissions associated with it
- We are creating a fair trade product that doesn’t benefit from a unfair or unsafe working conditions overseas
- We are supporting a better quality by meeting our local Australian suppliers on a regular basis
Bellaberry offers vegan chocolate.
- Bellaberry already veganised its dark chocolate by removing any animal-based ingredients or components
- We’ve seen a growing number of consumers that will continue to demand sustainable and ethical products
- With our vegan chocolate we take a stand against animal cruelty and animal exploitation everywhere in the world
- By offering vegan chocolate, Bellaberry takes a stand against inefficient food systems worldwide which affects the poorest people all over the world
- For 2019: The goal is to veganise our milk chocolate bars
Bellaberry’s Chocolate Bars are fully recyclable products.
- Bellaberry’s cardboard wrapper is fully recyclable
- Brown paper for the chocolate bar is fully recyclable
- Aluminium foil is fully recyclable
BELLABERRY’S PREVIOUS SUSTAINABILITY CAMPAIGNS FOR OTHER CUSTOMERS
Bellaberry’s previous sustainability campaign with TerraPass in the USA with ‘Climate Change Chocolate Bar’.
- We teamed up with TerraPass, a foundation that works for greenhouse-gas reduction. By producing a Climate Change Chocolate. An eco-conscious approach to the chocolate bar, the wrapper has 15 tips on how to reduce your carbon footprint on the environment.
- TerraPass matched each purchase by buying 133 pounds of carbon emissions credits. Enough carbon energy credits to o fset your carbon footprint for one day
- Where climate change is the term for the shift in worldwide weather phenomena associated with an increase in global average temperatures
BELLABERRY’S BIGGER PICTURE
Bellaberry ia part of COMA Group which owns our Fernmark Social Housing Concept as well.
- 100% of Bellaberry’s profit is going into developing a new way of constructing houses to solve the housing crisis in NZ and pacific.